Serve with poached eggs on top and green hot sauce such as El Pato Salsa Jalapeno.
- Left Over Prime Rib – Trimmed of Fat and diced
- Red Potatoes – Diced
- Yellow Onion – Diced
- Red Pepper – Diced
- Serrano Peppers – Fine Dice (Remove seeds if you want)
- Worcestershire Sauce – a couple of splashes
- Canola Oil
- This is really an eyeball dish depending on how much prime rib you have left after your Christmas Dinner. The ratio should be a lot of prime rib but more diced red potatoes and then less onions and red pepper. I usually make a really big batch and then vacuum seal and freeze some to eat at another time.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Using medium low heat in a large pan add the oil. Next add all of the ingredients to the pan and press down with a spatula and cover. Occasionally remove the lid and flip the mixture over and cover until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through remove the lid, taste for salt and pepper, and increase the heat to medium or medium high. The trick with this dish is to continue to push the hash down with a spatula until the hash has browned on the bottom. Using the spatula turn the hash over to brown the other side.